Friday, August 9, 2013

Timp Half Marathon 07/27/13

Wow!  I knew I was out of shape, but I didn't know how bad until this race.  Jeff Bates stayed the night on our couch so we didn't have to leave until 3:30.  If I had known we were going to be sitting around for over an hour we could have had an extra hour sleep. We had to catch the bus at 4:00 AM and gun time was 6:00, but they started about 15 minutes late.  Beautiful day for a run down American Fork Canyon.  Overcast skies and even a few drops of rain, but no sun beating down my back.  Jeff is in shape, so he took off to see how well he could do and I plodded along down the canyon.  It was indeed a most beautiful run.  After we left the canyon we turned south and ran along the Cedar Hills golf course and then along the Cedar Hills Parkway through some lovely neighborhoods.  We finished at Lone Peak High School.  Jeff finished with a PR in 1:53 and I finished with a low PR of 3:00.  Yikes! Nonetheless, it was a beautiful run and I'm happy to have participated.  If I hadn't been "running" I would have slept that whole time anyway.  And besides, I can always take a nap afterwards (which I did and it was wonderful).

No comments:

Post a Comment