Thursday, September 23, 2010

Utah Marathon Relay, 9/11/10


On Sep 11th, I ran the first leg of the Utah Marathon Relay with my friends: Scott, Jason, Alicia and Jeff. Each member of the team runs 5.2 miles. It was a beautiful day and lots of people, but not overwhelming, which was really nice. We could still walk around and find each other. Jeff and Alicia set up a canopy and we had some camp chairs to relax. The course ran along the Jordan River Pkwy for a couple miles and then west and then south again back to the relay point. They had some refreshments, booths and a live band, which played seemingly non-stop for the duration of the event. I don't know of any more than perhaps one or two teams that came out to really run fast. Most were like us and just having a great time, which we did. I ran the slowest leg of our team in just over 51 minutes. I'm glad I went first because then I could relax with the Hostess Donuts!!!! This event was really fun and the logistics were pretty simple: run in a circle and hand of the baton, cheer for each other and then drive home when your team is done. Try it.

www.utahmarathonrelay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment