Monday, June 1, 2009

Adoption Exchange 5k

My buddy Wes Hutchins and I ran the 5k at Murray Park last Saturday. There were about 400 people running, but most of them under 4 feet tall. This truly was a fun run. No clocks, no numbers and not much of a starting to line. The mayor said "Go!" and off we went. Two laps around the park. The first lap I finished in 10:10 and thought I was really cruising. It was nice to be near the front for once. I finished in the top 20, I'm pretty sure, in 20:40. My thought at that point was that it couldn't have been a full 5k if I finished more than three minutes faster than my best 5k. Sho'nuf it wasn't certified 5k. That's ok, because the Adoption Exchange netted $6k from the event, which was the real reason for the run. Besides, we run races to expand our wardrobe anyway:)

No comments:

Post a Comment