Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Utah Valley Marathon

06/13/09-Utah Valley Marathon. What a great race. Truly a hidden gem of a marathon. I thought we were going to get rained on, but only ended up with a few sprinkles. The race began at 6:00 am and so I had to hop on the bus at 4:30, but still had to wait around about 50 minutes. We ran down Provo Canyon and then through Orem a bit until we picked up the Provo River Trail that ran almost to Utah Lake and then back over to the finish line at the Provo Towne Center. I ran the first half in 2:28 and felt really good. I thought the downhill would beat me up, but I felt pretty good. I was able to keep the pace on the flat the last half and finished the last half in 2:29 for a finish time of 4:57. Even though my family wasn't waiting for me at the finish, there was a Creamie and some cold chocolate milk, which were fantastic. I must say that this race was very well organized and I would highly recommend it to anybody.

1 comment: