Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I am an avid runner. I love the feeling I get when I've been out for three or four or more hours that I'm doing something not many other people do. It makes me feel special, like I'm above the average couch potato. However, I do like the couch and I do like potatoes, especially the mashed potatoes my wife makes. These mashed potatoes are so good you would be willing to give up one of your children for a second helping:) I've run twelve marathons to date and have four more scheduled for this year. I love the feeling of crossing the finish line. It was a very emotional experience for me the first time I crossed my first marathon finish line. I thought it would be different the next time, but each time I relive that first experience. What a great moment. I guess I'm addicted to that feeling. The moment is so much sweeter when my family meets me at the finish. Its like a microcosm of the life experience to struggle through and endure to the end to meet up with your family as you cross the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment